Sunday, March 29, 2015

Slowly does it

Yes, slowly does it.  Or perhaps I am too slow.  I took some quilts to the sewing group on Friday, they love to see what others have done.  One of the members loved my scrappy quilt (the one with small pieces and a white print border.  I may make another in a different colour-way  Hand-sewing down the binding of one of those quilts is going very slowly

I am still working on one of those quilts, (9 patch with a drunkards path block worked around it).  I will put a photo up when I complete it. I have decided to make it bigger so it wouldn't need such a large border.

I have another quilt planned  next, the pattern magazine and  some FQs are in a  bag waiting for me to buy some background fabric.  But I am staying away from the fabric shop for now because my wallet has not yet recovered from my weekend in Sydney.  There is a Quilt show on in Melbourne (Australia) next month (April) and I am planning to go.

Back to the garden!  Tomorrow, we plan to go to the nursery to get the vegetable garden going again.A few bags of compost and several punnets of seedlings and  we will have some veges to harvest through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment